I decided the other day to participate in a triathalon. Not just any triathalon, but the Disney Half Ironman competition. We are actually participating in the 2010 games. So that gives me a year to prepare. At this point, I'm not sure that will even be long enough! But I am determined. It will give me a goal. Of course, after that, I'm not sure what I will have to accomplish!!
I started training this week. No time like the present to get started! I am starting with the couch to 5K running plan. The swimming and the running will be the most difficult for me. The biking will be fine, as long as I get a new seat! I realized in my first day that losing 1/5 of my lung capacity will be a bit of a challenge at first. My doctor seems to think it will not be an issue in the end.
I know I will never win one of these things, or even really place anywhere near the top. But for me, it is thumbing my nose in the face of cancer. Things could have been a lot worse for me and I was lucky. God has a plan for me and I have to stay healthy enough to see it through. What better way to get fit than this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment