Friday, September 4, 2009

1 day left

In 41.5 hours I will be participating in my first triathlon.  I decided to do this on a whim and now I'm really looking forward to competing.  Not that I will even be competative!  I know I can finish, it will just be a matter of how long it will take. 

The swimming has me the most worried.  I'm not a strong swimmer and I've only done the whole race distance once in a lake successfully.  The good part about it is there are LOTS of life guards and floaty things I can grab onto if I get too tired.  I have no fear of drowning!  Just being able to complete the swim. 

A full race report will be posted once I've completed.  If you are interested in coming to watch, here are the specator details!

Race Day Athlete and Spectator Parking
                    Sunday, September 6th 
               Transition Area Opens 5:00am
  
All Athletes/Spectators not staying at above Resort: Park in the designated parking lot at the Magic Kingdom (Grumpy & Dopey).  
There will be NO RACE DAY PARKING available at the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and no early WDW Transportation services available to the guests (including Monorail, Buses and/or Ferries), ONLY the Event Shuttles/Buses.   If you try to park at the Campgrounds, you will be redirected to park at the Magic Kingdom.
Once parked at the Magic Kingdom Parking lot , you will catch a shuttle that will transport you to the Transition Area located inside the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.  
PARKING: Athletes/spectators parking at Magic Kingdom Dopey and Grumpy Parking lot will NOT be charged a parking fee.   Inform the Cast Member at the Auto Plaza that you are attending the Trek Women Triathlon Series. Spectators arriving after 7:00am will be charge the $12 parking fee.
 *****************************************************************************************************************
               Race Day Shuttle/Bus Service
                    Sunday, September 6th
             Shuttles Run: 3:30am - 12:00pm

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment