I was smacked in the face with the realization that I'm really behind in my life and all out of sorts this past week. I'm usually Miss organization and I know where everything is, when everything is due, and have my life planned for the next 6 months (knowing that I can get a kink in it, but planned none the less)! In May I received a speeding ticket and I agreed to go to the driving school. Three months passed to quickly and I didn't go, resulting in my drivers licenses being suspended. I have never done anything illegal (besides speeding) and I was a little freaked out. But it made me realize just how out of control I had let my life become!
I was living day to day, not really knowing what was supposed to be done. The only thing I was planning in advance was setting up the kennel times for Shadow when I was working 24hr shifts. My OCD tendencies were being ignored and the anxiety was very real. The whole suspended license thing scared me enough to get my life back in order!!
It's not there by any means, but it's getting better. I spent 3 days reorganizing and purging stuff that I no longer needed. I still have things that need to go, but it's a gradual thing. I read two articles online about
downsizing making you happier and living with 100 personal items. Eventually I would like to get to that point. However, getting my other half to join me will be the REAL challenge. But now I at least know where all the important papers are (not organized but at least in one place), what projects lay ahead of me and how I can complete them, along with a diet and exercise schedule.
I have 4 days off next week to get the rest of it together. Maybe I can take a few more things to Goodwill then too! Once I'm done, I will update my blog and get my wedding blog out there too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment