Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Now I'm ready

I think I have everything I need to train properly. I've gathered all the necessary accessories, all the clothing, and all the research. Today I'm writing my training plan with all my goals and getting started. So I'm tagging this post as my official starting point.

Goals for training:
- Long Term:
1. First tri in Sept 2009
2. Half marathon in March 2010
3. Half-ironman in May 2011
4. Sprinkle a few other tri's in there

- Short Term:
1. improve my running pace to a 15min mile
2. Be able to swim with my face in the water and swim across Lucky's Lake (open water 1000 yds)
3. sustain a 14 mph pace on my bike for 10 miles

Goals for nutrition:
1. Lose the last 10 pounds
2. make at least 3 days a week vegetarian or fish only
3. keep my blood sugar below 100
4. get my cholesterol below 150

Here are my starting stats:
Wt: 132lbs
avg running pace: 16-17 min mile
avg riding pace: 10 mph
swimming: 25 yards without stopping

No comments:

Post a Comment